5.06.2012

Music

Okay so I have a few things to say about one of my favorite authors Victor Hugo. He's an interesting guy to me for many reasons. Number one being his phenomenal novel which I love with my whole heart. He also has profound quotes that I find quite pertinent right now!

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and about which is impossible to remain silent."
 I love music for that reason exactly. It expresses emotions that I have that I can't put into words, yet the artist knows exactly how to phrase it! I absolutely love music that captures what I feel and that I can relate to. My friend and I once had a genius idea to create a song journal. Where you pick a song that perfectly describes how you feel that day and make a playlist! I should do that more. Here are a few of my top songs that describe how I feel about life: 
  • Going North- by Missy Higgins  
  • Gravity Happens- Kate Voegele
  • Beautiful Dawn- by The Wailin' Jennys 
"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." 
I agree wholeheartedly with that. Life always looks better when we are secure in the knowledge that there are people that will love us no matter what happens. Knowing they are there provides so much security and happiness. I'm so lucky to have friends and family who feel this way about me!

 "There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come." 
This gives me chills for some reason. It's a powerful concept and it reminds me of the gospel being restored. It reminds me of what President Monson said about during his opening talk last conference about how nothing is capable of stopping the work of the Lord. It's awe inspiring to think that I'm a part of that work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing your thoughts...