6.28.2012

Christmas in June!

The most accurate way to describe my recent odd mood is this: I've spent most of my night listening to Christmas music.

Yes, I know it's June. No, I'm not delusional. Yes, I needed some inspiration. One of the best things I could have done. I've been listening to my personal favorite Christmas album, The Forgotten Carols. These are the most amazing songs and every time I hear them I am so inspired.

They talk about the way to find our way to Christ and let him into our lives. My particular favorite one talks about how we all feel lost sometimes but, just like the wisemen, we have a star to guide the way to Christ. I love that.

You know what else I love? Having friends that I can turn to when life get a bit rough. One of the best feelings, and I quote Victor Hugo, is knowing we are loved. Having those intimate (For Shaylee's sake let me repeat, intimate!) relationships with people are wonderful.

I post about things that matter a lot to me on this blog: songs, books, ideas, places, and now people! There are so many people that have touched my life significantly over the years and unfortunately I don't have time to write about every single person I love. But here are some people I couldn't picture my life without:


My Family
There's a lot of us...I'm surprised we could even find that's many shirts of matching color. It gets crazy, real crazy. But also very, very good. I love them. Depends on the day, but usually they love me back!
Roommates (aka bff's for life)
 I feel so lucky to have these girls in my life! I lucked out BIG time with roomies.  They're all wonderful! 
Melina!
 Our signature gourmet chef and fashion consultant. I'm jealous of her way cool summer job. I miss her due to the fact she lives a good $250 dollars away. yeah, I tried to make a trip...but unfortunately money says otherwise 


Shaylee K
So great to talk to! We always have the best chats and have a lot in common. It could be quite sad if she's...how do I put this?..."gone" next summer! But that would also be SUPER exciting! :)

Haley Furst
haha this picture always makes me laugh.  Her witch shoes and my gimp foot! She's hilarious and definitely has half of her heart in Africa at the moment! It's also too bad Chicago is so far away! (Riley is also being represented in this pic!)

Zach
 I definitely feel lucky to be close with this guy!  It's wonderful to find someone you can be yourself around and talk to about life and all its complexities. Oh, and also to watch AGT with! I'm a fan for sure :) 

Julia
we need more pictures together! But this girl (far left) is  so fun to be around. I'm excited to live a hop, skip, and a jump from her in the fall! Actually, scratch the skip and jump part, it's more like one short step across the hallway! 

Kinsey
My sister and best friend. We have the most long convos about literally everything.  haha years ago as we sat pulling each other's hair out fighting about everything under the sun, who would've thought we'd ever turn out to actually like each other? :) I guess that's a sister relationship for you!
My little sibs (minus Brigham)
They're all completely adorable and hopefully we stay close! 


Like I said, this is just a drop in the bucket! But I have become even more grateful for these people in my life recently. Okay I guess it's time to turn off the Christmas music (until December, for the sake of normalcy) and hit the hay. G'night!


1 comment:

  1. Hey hey I love you too crazy sister:) sewious though.... I probably would go insane without you to talk to! You are the only one who truly know everythang about my life!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...