7.16.2012

Weekend Lovin'

Those two and a half days at the end of every week are really beautiful things. Here are a few reasons of why last weekend was totally great:

Sleeping In. Not having to set an alarm and knowing you can sleep for as long as you want is one of the best feelings in the world. Especially in college. The older I get the more I realize just how great sleep is.
    The weather. Last weekend's weather was gorgeous! Warm summer rain is always welcome! I love overcast days and great temperatures.
Sister. She came down and we laughed our guts out, watched hilarious movies, had deep talks about life, and had some overall great sis bonding time! It's weird how we're both growing up. We're facing big decisions and we're not just idly chatting about high school drama anymore. It's real life. Hopefully we always stay close! It's nice to know she always has my back. We're pretty loyal to each other. In our teen years, it was because we both had too much dirt on the other. It was more troublesome to turn the other in because of the information she could spill about you! At this point in our lives it's out of love.

Boyfriend. Of course, everything is much more enjoyable with him around! I love talking and hanging out with him. It's so nice to be with someone that just understands and will let me talk about all my dreams (and also frustrations!) and support me through it all. He's great.
Movie. The Amazing Spiderman was indeed amazing. SO intense though. Movies stress me out! For some reason I just feel like the story is real and I can't stand it when sad things happen. Like when Uncle Ben died....gosh so sad. But I thought the story was great. I have high hopes for him joining the Avengers! He and Emma Stone are great. Not to mention Andrew Garfield made a much better looking spidey than Toby. Ugh not a fan of the old ones at all.

Shopping. Kinsey is definitely one of my favorite people to shop with. Fast but efficient. Blunt but fashionable. Willing to splurge but also fairly frugal (emphasis on "fairly"). Why are two of my very favorite hobbies both very expensive? Shopping and travelling.... maybe if I start taking vacations to Beaver, UT instead of Europe that would fit my budget a little better. But they're just such great things!

Salt Lake City. City Creek (totally beautiful) + the Gateway + some good ole McD + temple square (for some reason, probably the lights, I only walk around temple square when it's freezing cold and miserable. It's very, very pleasant in the Summer!) + a lot of talking + eating frosties = an unforgettable night.

Life lessons. Learning a few more things about myself and what I want (and don't want) in my future. Figuring out what's really important to me and what I'm not willing to live without. Deciding who I really am and what I want out of life. These types of lessons aren't always great, but they're important.


I have successfully used great 10 times. I think you get my point. I am rather sick of that word now... but I just didn't feel like tapping into my mental Thesarus to come up with different adjectives. That's what college paper writing is for! Speaking of that, one of the worst things in the world is writing an essay and having the SAME one word in your head. Like "feel" or "strong" or "journey" or something and you feel like you're being extremely repetitive and unoriginal, but you just have to use the word. I hate that. So here's a post rebelling against that. 

ANYWAYS, the weekend was great. 

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend-thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it really was the best weekend ever! Now I where happiness goes to die;) not to mention eating a whole gallon of ice cream! It is so great knowing you are always there! I love you! Shopping... Ah simply marvelous:)

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...