9.26.2012

Change #2



True words from The Great Gatsby. Change is definitely in the air. As Fall comes though it just seems as if everything is getting a little colder. I remember my very first post ever on this blog I talked about change and how much I love it and how great it is. Re-reading that again, I'm surprised by how much I've learned in just a few months. If you so desire, you can read that post here. But I've changed (ha, ironic) my mind on that. Generally, it's still appealing. Sometimes. But I've learned quite another side of change...

Change can be so very, very hard. Especially when it's not just the natural happenings of life, but when you choose to initiate something that changes your life. It's cliche to say "follow your heart" and people like to throw that around like it's nothing. Like it's always an easy thing to do. Like it's a romantic and exciting thing. I guess yeah can be cool if the opportunity is right. But I'm calling it: it's awful sometimes. It's scary. And depending on what the decision deals with, it hurts real bad. I suppose the older I get the harder and more important the choices get. And bigger decisions means bigger chance for loss. 

Seasons change in nature and in life. Things are definitely different than the summer and it will take me quite a while to get used to the changes that fall (and my own heart) have brought into my life. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you. Change can be so very, very, heartbreaking-ly, disastrously hard.. but it is what makes us grow and ultimately become our best. You are one of the best people I know and I'm so glad I know you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...