9.12.2012

Marvel... And not the comics!


Life is busy. Sometimes I don't know where to start making decisions. Or I have way too many opinions about something. I like to have things mapped out and planned. Not knowing is hard for me. Particularly when reality comes knocking on the door. There are places I want to visit and things I want to do.

It's definitely good to have a plan. And dreams. And ambitions. But constant opinions being thrown around usually makes me more confused.  Lately, I've been re-discovering how good alone time can be. Especially when it's just you. The reason all this is on my mind is probably because I was talking to someone today who gave me some solid advice: spend time just figuring out what you want. From life. From relationships. From your future. From yourself. From your goals and dreams.

I came across this quote a while ago from the movie Eat Pray Love: "I just want to go some place where I can marvel at something." From conversations I've had with friends, I know that a lot of people feel like this. Including me at times.

Yes, I love travelling. I really do. But I've also realized some other things recently. Part of life is finding things that make you "marvel" where you are instead of constantly needing to go elsewhere to find inspiration. Because very few people can afford to travel to across continents every time their life needs a boost! At least, I'm definitely can't. While I think every one should travel, it's also really importnat to find things to marvel at wherever home is for you. In your career. Or love life. Or in friends. Or religion. Or hobbies. Or things that we pass by every day because we become accustomed to them.

"So start listening to the silent spaces in your thoughts and enjoy the wells of peace that exist within them"

I have no idea who said that, but I LOVE it. So I guess that's where I am: building a life that is fulfilling. Simple as pie right? ;)

....On a completely unrelated note, why do we use that expression? Have you ever made a pie?! Because I trust me on this. It's no easy feat. 

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! Alone time, collecting my thoughts and remembering what's really important to me is something I need to keep a balance in life :) When it gets hectic and confusing I usually just withdraw from everything for a little while until I find my balance once again.

    wishing you lots of peace and quiet time :)
    xx
    sophie
    http://theforgestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, very inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to follow such a great blog.

    lovethegardners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...