10.22.2012

Everything has changed.

It's interesting to look around in my life and see that nothing is the same. This time last month my priorities and focus and thoughts were in completely different places than right now. Life can change so fast so suddenly that it feels like I'm still running trying to keep up with it. I still am surprised by the direction my life is going now. It's been practically a 180 degree change. Let me tell you, it's been a roller coaster of a month. It's not easy letting someone go that means a lot to you. Or re-evaluating everything you thought was important. Or following your heart. Or taking a deep look inside of you to figure out who you've become.

It's hard to honestly look into that mirror inside of you and evaluate who you are and what you need to change. It's also challenging to change road maps. The past few weeks have consisted of long walks and lot's of time on my knees. I've learned you have to learn from the past but you can't dwell on it. You've got to fill the gaps with new things. Better things. Some experiences in life are meant to jar you and get you out of your comfort zone so you can progress to the next level, if you let it. Someone once said "New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings." Life is supposed to mold and refine. And it's a rewarding feeling to know you are coming closer to where you should be.

So here I am having gone through all that stuff above and I'm watching General Conference with my family ready for a little inspiration. I definitely wasn't ready for what would be announced. Here's my probably not so shocking news: I'm going on a mission. I've never felt so sure about anything in life. And nothing has ever felt so right. I'm going and I'm going soon. In fact, I get my call Wednesday. I'm so stoked I can hardly stand it! So stay tuned for that :) This announcement means so much to me. I know that for the rest of my life I'll look back at that day and be so thankful for the way it changed my life. 

Sometimes life can be hard but it's beautiful. Things work out. The world spins on. I'm getting older and growing up. Now I just can't actually believe that I'm going a mission. The past month has been an interesting one, but I can honestly say:

I love the road I'm on.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Morgan! So happy for the decision in your life. Its wonderful that you going on a mission... I am sure going to miss you sleep talking to me in the middle of the night... but get ready for some awesome packages on your mish! I love you to the moon and back! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...