10.27.2012

Me Encanta Chile

Alright, I warned you. Lots of posts about Chile coming your way! I'm so excited to spend my next year and a half in this beautiful foreign country. From the hours I've spent researching this lovely place I have already fallen in love. The area I will be in stretches from the coast up into the Andes mountains. I've also got a few islands in there as well! Pablos Neruda, a famous novelist, said Chile was "invented by a poet." And I agree. Based on what I've seen this is a one pretty country. Take a look...

I love the winding streets. And the pretty colors! 
A town on stilts!
Beautiful Andes mountains. I love how they dwarf the city.
Pretty.
Does it get much more beautiful than this?? 
The gorgeous countryside. I want to spend a lot of time in these big open spaces!
Almost looks like a city from Spain... but nope. It's CHILE!
I already adore those Andes.
Very old adobe Catholic church.
LOVE the fact that I'll be spending time on the coast.
Seriously those mountains are dang cool.
Easter Island. Probably won't spend any time here, but still,
 it just proves that Chile is awesome.
I'm SO excited about all the fruits and vegetables. I love vendors like this!


I think it's safe to say I'm going to one of the neatest places in the world. Good thing December will be here so soon. I couldn't wait much longer to go! 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, beautiful blog, and beautiful future-sister-missionary!

    Thanks so much for your comment, Morgan--that made my day. I'm so glad you accidentally found my blog, so I could purposefully find yours! :) And congratulations on your mission call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! you're going to have an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found my blog because I think we're kindred spirits! I mean honestly--you're going to a Spanish-speaking mission (I served in El Salvador), AND you quote Pablo Neruda? You're my kind of person :)

    Best of luck to you in these next 18 months. They will be the best of your life (so far!). Que te vaya bien!

    http://autodidacticambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by my little corner of the web! That's awesome you served in El Salvador. I'm pretty excited. Pablo Neruda isn't too well known, so wow, that's awesome you can appreciate him as well.

      Have a nice day!

      Morgan

      Delete
  4. So excited for you to go to Chile! and I am a little jealous because it looks/ sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chile looks beautiful!! I cannot wait to see pictures from when you're actually there and hear about everything that happens. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, by the way. It seriously made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Morgan,
    Love your blog, I'm a new follower for sure. So excited to hear about your travels in Chile. I love exploring new places. Why did you choose Chile, any reason or just one of the many places on your bucket list.
    Cheers,
    Kayleigh http://thewayiwanderlust.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...