10.04.2012

Red

I have a big update! Prepare to hear a lot about this in the coming months because I'm pretty excited. I'm going to have a tremendous amount of work to do beforehand but I can't wait for next August to get here. I'm sure my parents are a little reserved about their blue eyed, blonde haired daughter going here.... but here's my news: I'm going to study abroad in the Middle East next fall!

Don't worry though. I'm not going anywhere too dangerous. I'm going to the country of Jordan! It does happen to border Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt....which are all are having some type of civil war going on... and have some major problems...but we don't need to think about that :) Hey, at least the nuclear bombs will be going over my head, right? 


I kid, but seriously it'll be an adventure. The program is through BYU and it's an intensive Arabic study abroad.  Arabic is such an intense/cool language and is definitely challenging, but I do love it. I actually decided to add officially add Arabic as a second major, so that is also a fun update on the life of me. So in addition to four months in Jordan, I get to go to Israel for a few weeks. Which will be beyond incredible. Obviously. If you can't tell, I'm really stoked. Here's little sample to lead me into my next point...

!أنا أحب تايلور سويفت وأريد أن أذهب إلى حفلتها سيئة للغاية

Now here's a completely American girl thing. Let's talk about Taylor Swift. I have no idea how she can keep on making such great songs. I watched a parody of her stuff where this guy said "I feel like she took the words right out of my diary!" I know he was mocking, but um, well, that is kind of how I feel! This is seriously a great song. This album is coming out October 22nd and I guess you could say I'm looking forward to that. I have a feeling it will become my entire apartment's official soundtrack! And I'm so fine with that. Have a listen...


4 comments:

  1. Heck yes it will be our sound track! Love you Morg! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCITING!! Oh my gosh I'm so glad you are doing it!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you. What a wonderful event to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha
    I love the irony of this post ;)

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...