12.11.2012

Just Life

This post has 3 topics. Brace yourself.

1. I'm leaving in a week. It doesn't feel real. There are so many things I'm leaving behind me. Things that I know will be here when I get back. Things I know will be somewhere in my future. Things that will never  have a place in my life anymore. I can just feel that my whole life is about to really change. It's a little scary. I'm comfortable right now where I am and as dreamy as new adventures sound, it's hard to actually get on your way.

2. I hate small talk. Okay, I take that back. I don't always hate it. Sometimes it's how you become friends with people. But I hate it when you're in one of those "I want to have a deep talk and cut the crap" moods. I love this quote,

"I hate small talk because I feel like there's an elephant standing in the room and nobody is saying anything. I just want to say, 'Hey, do you feel an emptiness inside your chest at night that is going to swallow you?' or 'are you scared out of your mind to move forward in life?' or 'what are you very most afraid of and why?' But you can't say those things at a cocktail party."

Seriously though. Sometimes I just want to hear people's fears and worries and let them talk about the things they love and are passionate about. I want to talk about mine. I just want to talk. And not about stupid things. About the stuff that matters. I love it when I catch people at just the right moment to have a chat like that. But when I don't (or am just stuck in the library studying) I have to think those things through myself. Which is never as enjoyable. 

3. I adore The Phantom of the Opera. For real!! I've seen it performed a few times, but I have to say, the movie is bomb. I just LOVE that movie! I feel for the Phantom. So sad, but such a great story about how love is sometimes the only thing strong enough to change people. And the music! AMAZING. Christine is gorgeous. The song, Think of Me, is one of my very most favorite songs ever. The lyrics make me cry if I'm in the right mood. I'm not kidding. Today, it made me tear up when I was writing in my journal. Hahah, wowza. How dramatic does that sound? Eh, whatever. I'm a girl and I love a good love story. Also, the song Masquerade is another great one. Ah, this musical is the best. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this!

    1) I don't want you to leave :( Seriously, you've taught me a ton. I'm so glad we're SUCH great friends ;)

    2) I SO agree! I hate when you want to have a deep talk and no one else does. How annoying.

    3) LOVE PHANTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Emmy Rossum! She is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :) And what a great story. Love it love it love it.

    I love you Morgie Poo :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing your thoughts...